Coal India’s net profit up by 12.94 pc in FY11May 25th, 2011 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Coal India Limited (CIL), a Maharatna public sector undertaking, Wednesday announced that it has posted a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs.10,867.32 crore last fiscal compared to Rs.9,622.45 crore during FY10, registering an increase of 12.94 percent.
The company posted 17.89 percent growth in its profit before tax (PBT) to Rs.16,463.23 crore in FY11 from Rs.13,964.93 crore during the previous fiscal.
Net sales of CIL stood at Rs.50,233.59 crore during the last fiscal compared to Rs.44,615.25 crore during FY10, registering a growth of 12.59 percent.
Announcing the annual performance of the company, Chairman N.C. Jha said: “CIL closed the fiscal 2010-11 with a coal production of 431.32 million tonnes compared to 431.26 million tonnes achieved in the previous fiscal.”
“Raw coal off-take during the period was 424.30 million tonnes, registering a marginal growth of two percent compared to 2009-10,” he said.
He said coal dispatch to power utilities, the largest coal consuming sector in India, was around 304.24 million tonnes during the last fiscal against 298.03 million tonnes in the previous fiscal.
“We sold more coal through e-auction this fiscal. Sales revenue through e-auction was Rs. 8,891.13 crore,” he said.
Jha said that cash balance of the company was currently Rs.43,000 crore. “As per the MoU for the fiscal FY12, CIL’s targeted production and coal off-take have been fixed at 452 million tonnes and 454 million tonnes, respectively,” he added.
- Coal India misses production target - Apr 03, 2012
- Coal India reports marginal net profit growth in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India's Q2 net profit up 74 percent - Nov 12, 2011
- Coal India's Q4 profit dips 5 percent - May 28, 2012
- Coal India to get assets abroad - Sep 03, 2012
- Coal India steps up supplies to power sector - Oct 22, 2011
- Coal India posts 64 percent rise in net profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Coal India's marginal net profit growth in Q1 - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Coal may have to be imported to meet power demand - Aug 12, 2012
- Coal India achieves 95 percent of targetted supply to power sector - Aug 27, 2012
- Coal India's net profit rises 29 percent - Nov 23, 2010
- 30 coal blocks start production out of 195 allocated - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India to invest Rs.40,000 crore in 12th Plan - Sep 12, 2012
- Coal shortage could hit hard power projects - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: 30 million, auction, cash balance, coal india limited cil, coal production, company chairman, jha, kolkata, marginal growth, mou, net profit, net sales, pbt, power utilities, public sector undertaking, raw coal, rs 50, rs 8, tonnes