Coal India union leaders to meet PM soon on IPOApril 23rd, 2010 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 23 (IANS) Trade Union leaders representing Coal India Ltd’s workers would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh soon to discuss their concerns over the proposed initial public offering (IPO) of the company, Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal said here Friday.
“Though they have agreed to the IPO, still some representatives of the workers have sought to meet the prime minister,” Jaiswal said on the sidelines of an event.
The government plans to sell 10 percent of its stake in the company through the IPO of 631.63 million shares of Rs.10 each.
The 10 percent stake includes 1 percent reserved for employees of Coal India and its eight subsidiaries.
The government holds 100 percent stake in Coal India.
Coal India reached an agreement April 16 with five trade unions following which a three-day agitation planned for May was called off. The Centre of Indian Trade Unions, backed by the Communist Party of India (Marxist), however, stayed out of the agreement.
- Coal workers threaten to go on strike - May 02, 2012
- Coal India ordered to sign fuel supply pact with power firms - Apr 03, 2012
- GoM to meet on power sector woes, PM offers help (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- GOM to meet on power sector woes, PM offers help (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Private power producers apprise government of their woes - Jan 18, 2012
- Coal India to decide on anchor investor in two-three days - Aug 13, 2010
- Coal India plans to earmark 1 percent share for staff - Feb 09, 2010
- We cannot meet power firms' coal demands: Minister - Dec 01, 2011
- 'Coal India IPO a success because of consumer trust', claims Shriprakash Jaiswal - Oct 26, 2010
- Jaiswal refutes charges on coal block allocations - Jun 01, 2012
- Government to review policy for acquiring mining land - May 10, 2011
- Coal India coal import plans face opposition - Sep 14, 2012
- Munda seeks restoration of coal block to Jharkhand - Jul 07, 2011
- Coal block allocations made by best screening committee: Jaiswal - Aug 17, 2012
- Coal India to invest Rs.40,000 crore in 12th Plan - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: agitation, coal india ltd, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, indian trade unions, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, jaiswal, manmohan, manmohan singh, percent stake, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sidelines, subsidiaries, trade union leaders