Coal India to decide on anchor investor in two-three daysAugust 13th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 13 (IANS) State-owned Coal India Limited (CIL) will in the next two-three days decide on the anchor investors for its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) through which the government expects to raise up to Rs.15,000 crore.
“It will be decided in two to three days,” Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar here by Coal Consumers Association of India.
An anchor investor is one who buys shares of a company before the launch of the public issue.
According to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) which approved the concept last year, anchor investors can be allocated as much as 30 per cent of the portion reserved for qualified institutional buyers.
According to the Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP) filed with the SEBI, the country’s largest coal producer has offered 631,636,440 equity shares with a face value of Rs.10 each. The government is divesting 10 percent stake.
The IPO would open Oct 18 and close Oct 21.
The minister said there would not be much hurdle in clearing environmental issues.
“I don’t think more than 10-15 percent of the area will be ‘no-go’ area,” Jaiswal said.
The environment ministry has recently termed a large portion of coal bearing forests as ‘no-go’ areas where no mining activities can be pursued. This could impact valuation of Coal India’s IPO.
N.C. Jha, CIL Director (Technical), said the company would produce 460.5 million tonnes in 2010-11 against 431 million tonnes a year ago. The company has contracted to import 4.5 million tonnes against target of 8 million tonnes.
- Coal India oversubscribed 1.57 times - Oct 19, 2010
- Coal India IPO subscribed 34 percent, employee quota may go abegging (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Coal India IPO likely between Oct 18-21 - Jul 31, 2010
- Coal Minister Jaiswal meets Ramesh to solve vexed mining issues - Feb 08, 2011
- IPO of Coal India expected by August - Feb 20, 2010
- Coal India to invest Rs.40,000 crore in 12th Plan - Sep 12, 2012
- BHEL FPO on hold, profit rises 14.3 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 03, 2012
- India's largest initial public offering opens Monday - Oct 17, 2010
- Coal India to hit capital markets in July - Mar 19, 2010
- Shipping Corporation expects to file DRHP this quarter - Oct 06, 2010
- Coal India plans to earmark 1 percent share for staff - Feb 09, 2010
- TCG Lifesciences to foray into bio-tech medicine - Feb 16, 2012
- India plans sovereign fund to buy coal assets abroad - May 04, 2012
- 'Coal India IPO a success because of consumer trust', claims Shriprakash Jaiswal - Oct 26, 2010
- Coal India union leaders to meet PM soon on IPO - Apr 23, 2010
Tags: coal consumers, coal india limited, coal india limited cil, coal producer, consumers association, exchange board, face value, hurdle, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, institutional buyers, jaiswal, jha, large portion, launch, red herring, sebi, securities and exchange board of india, sidelines, target