Coal India sets production target of 464 mn tonnes (Lead)February 17th, 2012 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 17 (IANS) State-run Coal India Limited (CIL) has set a production target of 464 million tonnes in the next fiscal year and it will make a capital expenditure of Rs.42.75 billion in the period, a top company official said Friday.
“For the next financial year, our production target is 464 million tonnes. At the terminal year of the 12th Five Year Plan, that is 2016-17, the company has envisaged to produce 565.50 million tonnes in the usual business scenario.
“However, if clearances for the new projects to be taken into account, it can produce upto 615 million tonnes,” CIL acting chairperson and managing director (CMD) Zohra Chatterji said at a press conference here.
“We will make a capital expenditure of Rs.4,275 crore in the next financial year,” Chatterji said.
For this fiscal year, the company’s proposed capital expenditure was Rs 42.20 billion. As of Dec 31, 2011, the company’s cash reserve was Rs.550 billion.
On the prime minister’s direction to the CIL, the world’s largest coal producer, to make required fuel supplies to power utilities, Chatterjee said the company’s focus would be to increase production to fulfil the mandate.
“If the gap (between demand for and supply of coal) was too wide, then import was one of the ways to bridge the gap, but our outright effects would be to expand production,” she added.
- Coal India sets a production target of 464 mn.tonnes - Feb 17, 2012
- Coal India to invest Rs.40,000 crore in 12th Plan - Sep 12, 2012
- Coal India to get assets abroad - Sep 03, 2012
- Coal India misses production target - Apr 03, 2012
- Coal India reports marginal net profit growth in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- 30 coal blocks start production out of 195 allocated - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India's marginal net profit growth in Q1 - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India approves supply penalty clause - Aug 07, 2012
- Coal India to ink fuel supply pact before April 20 (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Coal India to ink fuel supply pact April 20 - Apr 16, 2012
- Coal India achieves 95 percent of targetted supply to power sector - Aug 27, 2012
- Coal may have to be imported to meet power demand - Aug 12, 2012
- Coal India's Q3 net up by 54 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Coal India's Q4 profit dips 5 percent - May 28, 2012
- Coal India steps up supplies to power sector - Oct 22, 2011
Tags: 50 million, business scenario, capital expenditure, chairperson, chatterji, coal india limited, coal india limited cil, coal producer, crore, fiscal year, fuel supplies, gap, managing director, mandate, new projects, power utilities, prime minister, production target, rs 42, zohra