Coal India has more coal for e-auction than demandOctober 1st, 2008 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 1 (IANS) The largest coal mining company of the country, Coal India Ltd (CIL), has more coal to offer through e-auctions than the actual demand, according to a company official. “The total coal allocated at e-auctions during the first five months (April to August) of the current fiscal is 20.10 million tonnes, against an offered quantity of 50.29 million tonnes,” the source told IANS requesting anonymity.
This indicates that the coal major has more stocks to offer than the actual demand, which, however, is rising, the official said.
The situation was just the opposite last fiscal, when 13.05 million tonnes were allotted for e-marketing, against an allocated of 10 million tonnes.
The demand rose after CIL reduced the floor price of coal sold through e-auction from 30 percent over and above the notified price to five percent.
CIL introduced e-auctions to make coal available to non-core sectors and traders.
The coal for e-auctions is sourced from the subsidiaries of CIL - Eastern Coalfields, Bharat Coking Coal, Central Coalfields, Northern Coalfields, Western Coalfields, South Eastern Coalfields, Mahanadi Coalfields and North Eastern Coalfields.
- Coal shortfall hits steel production in Bengal - Oct 18, 2011
- Coal India's net profit up by 12.94 pc in FY11 - May 25, 2011
- Coal India reports marginal net profit growth in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Strike hits Coal India mines in Orissa - Oct 10, 2011
- Government mulls competitive bidding of coal blocks - May 24, 2011
- Getting environmental clearance an issue: CIL - Nov 22, 2011
- Coal production up 9.9 percent in first half - Oct 13, 2009
- Coal may have to be imported to meet power demand - Aug 12, 2012
- 6 mn tonnes coking coal from Australia by 2015: Gujarat NRE - May 23, 2011
- Nine firms in race for lifting coal from abandoned mines - Jul 28, 2009
- Coal India's Q4 profit dips 5 percent - May 28, 2012
- CAG pulls up Coal India for avoidable expenditure - Sep 04, 2012
- Dengue, labour strike hit Mahanadi Coalfields output - Sep 01, 2011
- 30 coal blocks start production out of 195 allocated - Aug 13, 2012
- Coal India raises price by 11 percent - Oct 15, 2009