CNG prices hiked in Delhi and neighbourhoodMarch 5th, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) Compressed natural gas (CNG) in Delhi will cost Rs.1.70 more per kg from midnight Monday.
In the Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad neighbourhoods, the price of the commodity has been hiked by Rs.1.90 per kg effective a day later from midnight March 6.
The new consumer price will be Rs.35.45 a kg in Delhi and Rs.39.80 a kg in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad.
The distributor Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) said it raised the price factoring in the rise in input cost.
“We are constrained to revise the retail price of CNG due to increase in the overall input cost of natural gas being sourced by us as a result of increased dependence on imported Spot R-LNG,” M. Ravindran, IGL managing director, said.
According to Ravindran, the proportion of imported R-LNG compared to domestic gas in the overall pool of natural gas being procured for supply as CNG has risen around 25 percent and is constantly on the rise as any additional CNG demand has to be met through Spot R-LNG.
Ravindran also said that with the demand for CNG increasing rapidly in the region, IGL is left with no other alternative but to source costly Spot R-LNG at well over three times the cost of domestic gas like APM (Administered Price Mechanism) and KG D-6 to maintain the supplies to its customers.
As R-LNG prices in the Asian region are linked directly with crude prices, the recent sharp increase in Brent crude prices has had its impact on the gas prices too.
IGL said the price hike would have minor effect in the per km running cost of vehicles with that for autos going up by 5 paise, for taxis by 9 paise and buses 48 paise.
- CNG prices raised up to Rs.2 a kg in NCR (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- CNG price to go up by up to Rs.2 per kg - Dec 30, 2011
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- Regulator asks IGL to reduce gas prices - Apr 10, 2012
- CNG gets dearer, to cost Rs.29 per kg - Jan 01, 2011
- CNG prices raised Rs.2.90 a kg in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- IGL raises gas prices by 0.20 paise in UP - Sep 08, 2012
- No stay on regulator's order to cut gas prices in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Have power to frame CNG tariff rules, regulator tells court (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Court reserves order on CNG price cut - May 24, 2012
- CNG price raised marginally - Jun 04, 2011
- CNG costs Rs.5.60 more a kg from midnight in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- IGL stock rallies 29 percent on high court order - Jun 01, 2012
- CNG to cost Rs.5.60 more a kg in Delhi from midnight - Jun 16, 2010
- CNG gets dearer by 30 paisa in Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: 5 paise, asian region, brent crude prices, compressed natural gas, cost of natural gas, gas ltd, gas prices, ghaziabad, greater noida, IGL, lng, managing director, midnight march, neighbourhood, New Delhi, price hike, price mechanism, ravindran, running cost, sourced