CNG price raised marginallyJune 4th, 2011 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) After petrol, Delhiites will now have to shell out more for compressed natural gas (CNG), whose price will be raised by 50 paise from Saturday midnight.
In an announcement Saturday, the Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) also said the CNG price in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad will be raised by 55 paise.
“The new consumer price is Rs.29.80 per kg in Delhi and Rs.33.40 per kg in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad,” a statement from IGL said.
“We are constrained to revise the retail price of CNG because of increase in the actual average cost of gas during the current quarter,” the company’s managing director Rajesh Vedvyas said.
He, however, added that CNG still offered 66 percent savings towards the running cost compared to petrol-driven vehicles, while the savings for diesel vehicles was 21 percent.
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- CNG prices hiked in Delhi and neighbourhood - Mar 05, 2012
- CNG gets dearer by 30 paisa in Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- IGL raises gas prices by 0.20 paise in UP - Sep 08, 2012
- CNG prices up 50 paise a kg in national capital - Mar 20, 2010
- Regulator asks IGL to reduce gas prices - Apr 10, 2012
- CNG prices raised Rs.2.90 a kg in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- CNG prices raised up to Rs.2 a kg in NCR (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- CNG to cost Rs.5.60 more a kg in Delhi from midnight - Jun 16, 2010
- CNG gets dearer, to cost Rs.29 per kg - Jan 01, 2011
- CNG costs Rs.5.60 more a kg from midnight in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- CNG price to go up by up to Rs.2 per kg - Dec 30, 2011
- No stay on regulator's order to cut gas prices in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Have power to frame CNG tariff rules, regulator tells court (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Court reserves order on CNG price cut - May 24, 2012