Clients standing by Satyam, says interim CEOJanuary 8th, 2009 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 8 (IANS) Global clients of the beleaguered Satyam Computer Services will engage the scam-tainted IT bellwether for its software services, the company’s interim chief executive Ram Mynampati said Thursday.“We have received support from our key customers. They assured us they will remain with the company in these challenging times. About 100 clients account for about 80 percent of the revenue,” Mynampati said at a press conference here.
Maintaining that neither he nor any of the senior executives were aware of the events that unfolded Wednesday, Mynampati said client-servicing would continue with transparency to ensure smooth transition.
Satyam founder and chairman B. Ramalinga Raju’s admission Wednesday that the software company’s accounts had been fudged and falsified has sent shock waves across corporate India and its clients across the world.
“Clients rely on Satyam for mission critical applications. We have reached out to our clients the world over and assured them of maintaining our service support as before,” Mynampati said.
Denying media reports that employees were leaving the company, Mynampati said the company did not have any information on this.
“We have also reached out to our 53,000 employees to ensure continuity. They have assured us they will remain with the company. Our aim is to ensure business continuity uninterrupted even during these challenging times,” he asserted.
The company is also on the look out for new candidates for board appointments and is in touch with the regulatory and industry bodies to identify prospective candidates.
- Satyam scouting for strategic investor, says chief executive (Lead) - Jan 08, 2009
- Infosys expands operations in Japan - Jun 25, 2012
- Satyam directors, employees shocked over 'fraud' by Rajus - Jan 07, 2009
- Two-fold jump in Mahindra Satyam's net profit - Aug 10, 2011
- Satyam case: Supreme Court grants bail to five - Oct 13, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam to hire 4,000 associates this quarter - Apr 13, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam-Tech Mahindra merger put on hold - Feb 14, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports loss due to lawsuit settlements (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports net loss due to lawsuit settlements - May 23, 2011
- Satyam scrambles to reassure customers in SEAsia - Jan 08, 2009
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI - Oct 21, 2011
- Beleaguered Satyam forms crack team for fire-fighting - Jan 07, 2009
- Satyam chief financial officer Srinivas resigns - Jan 08, 2009
- Satyam to pay $10mn to US regulator to settle fraud charges - Apr 06, 2011
- Satyam fraud makes Nasscom tell IT firms 'be transparent' - Jan 16, 2009