Citibank manager’s parents summoned by policeJanuary 4th, 2011 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Jan 4 (IANS) Raghuraj and Deeksha Puri, parents of Citibank manager Shivraj Puri who is accused of masterminding a Rs.300 crore fraud, were summoned by the police Tuesday to help in the investigations, police said.Gurgaon Police Commissioner S.S. Deswal Tuesday sent a letter to Raghuraj’s Mumbai-based company Normans Martin as the parents remain untraceable, said a police officer, requesting anonymity.
The police also unearthed eight accounts of the company in Citibank’s Gurgaon branch, the police officer added.
Working as a relationship manager, Shivraj allegedly cheated investors by asking them to deposit money into accounts managed by him, promising to invest it in schemes that offer very high interest within a short span of time.
Puri reportedly managed to con companies and high net worth individuals after forging Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) documents backing his claims.
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case, top brass named (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Citibank scam: Puri's father sent to police custody - Apr 05, 2011
- Mastermind behind Rs.300 crore Citibank fraud held (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Hero Group: Exposure in Citibank scam Rs.28.75 crore - Dec 31, 2010
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.200 crore untraced (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Citibank fraud: Victim seeks to withdraw complaint - Jan 24, 2011
- Citi banker accused of Rs.300 crore fraud gets six-day police remand - Jan 06, 2011
- Citibank fraud accused sent to 14 days judicial custody - Jan 15, 2011
- Rs.300-cr Citibank fraud accused gets six more days in remand (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
- Citibank manager accused of $65 mn fraud surrenders (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2010
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.100 crore untraced - Dec 29, 2010
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police registers FIR against Citi Group CEO Pandit - Jan 04, 2011
- Citi banker accused of $65 mn fraud gets week-long police remand (Intro Roundup) - Dec 30, 2010
- Citibank manager behind Rs.200 crore fraud arrested (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: anonymity, citibank, crore fraud, deeksha, exchange board, high interest, high net worth individuals, investigations, investors, money, parents, police commissioner, police officer, relationship manager, sebi, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, span of time