CISF security cover for RIL’s Jamnagar refineryNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Jamnagar, Nov 3 (IANS) The Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) Wednesday took up the responsibility of protecting the Reliance Industries’ oil refinery complex here.
At a function, RIL Executive Director P.K. Kapil handed over the security baton to S.K. Pandey, unit commander of the 217 elite combat commando contingent, in the presence of Y.N. Sharma, DIG, CISF, western zone.
RIL’s Jamnagar refinery, the world’s largest, is said to be one of the prime targets of terrorists.
The central government, keeping in view the security threats to vital installations of national importance, has amended the CISF Act to extend security cover to firms even in private domain. The size, volume and value of RIL’s operations at Jamnagar was taken into consideration in extending the CISF cover.
Reliance will provide the required facilities, equipment, and housing complex similar to its core employees to CISF personnel, said a company release.
- RIL's Jamnagar Refinery to get CISF security cover - Aug 30, 2009
- Court rejects petition challenging land acquisition for RIL - Mar 04, 2011
- Reliance Industries raises $2 billion loan - May 09, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Infosys' Pune campus gets CISF cover - Apr 22, 2011
- Private firms queue up for paramilitary cover - Dec 15, 2009
- CISF cover for Infosys campus at Mysore - Mar 26, 2010
- Post 26/11, Infosys gets elite security - Jul 31, 2009
- Elite force to tackle Meghalaya rebels - Jul 10, 2011
- CISF to protect techies, not intrude on their private space - Jul 31, 2009
- Ordinance to provide CISF cover to private industries - Jan 02, 2009
- RIL finalising plans for pan-India BWA services - Jun 07, 2012
- One killed in firing by CISF - Mar 02, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: central government, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, commando, contingent, core employees, elite, executive director, jamnagar refinery, kapil, oil refinery, prime targets, private domain, reliance industries, ril, security force, security threats, terrorists, unit commander, western zone