Cincom releases Smalltalk ObjectStudio 8November 14th, 2007 - 2:19 am ICT by admin
“Both Smalltalk systems consisted of tons of customer applications and components, most of which were only available in one system. The idea is to bring these two systems together in such a way that both, each VW application and component and each ObjectStudio application and component, works unchanged in the joint system, now called ObjectStudio8,” said Georg Heeg, Premier Cincom Smalltalk partner.
This new product includes three major enhancements - ObjectStudio 8 developers have direct access to all the VW libraries that have been built up over the last few years - such as web services, security, and web toolkit; VW developers have access to a native UI toolset on the windows platform and ObjectStudio and VW developers have a unified set of tools to work from (browser, debugger), enabling cross-product learning to happen much faster.
With these advancements, ObjectStudio continues to provide native widget support and ObjectStudio syntax enhancements.
ObjectStudio 8 supports VW emulated widgets simultaneously with the native widgets, and both can be used in the same application. (ANI)
- Scientists develop tool to step up software security - Jul 23, 2012
- Facebook introduces new applications - Sep 23, 2011
- Nashik open university launches web radio - Sep 08, 2012
- HTC Surround: Windows 7 Phone With Maximum Bells And Whistles - Oct 12, 2010
- Vulgarity in internet videos worries China - May 08, 2012
- Cincom Smalltalk goes social - Dec 07, 2007
- Indian-owned mobile music company bought by Google - Apr 12, 2011
- Autistic brains 'focus more on visual skills' - Apr 05, 2011
- Microsoft India employees display innovative skills - May 17, 2012
- Users at risk of IE bug, warns Microsoft - Dec 24, 2010
- The mind uses syntax to interpret actions - Nov 05, 2010
- Microsoft, Google win Indian developer awards - Apr 18, 2012
- New SMS technology to offer smart apps to basic cellphones in India - Nov 05, 2009
- Control system to allow satellites and spacecrafts to think for themselves - Feb 15, 2011
- Southampton scientists develop control system to allow spacecraft to think for themselves - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: cincom smalltalk, component works, cross product, customer applications, debugger, developers, direct access, enhancements, georg heeg, native widgets, new product, smalltalk systems, vw, web services security, web toolkit, widget support, windows platform