CII to take business delegation to Ghana, Burkina FasoJune 1st, 2010 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) India’s largest business chamber Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is taking a large delegation to two countries in west Africa this week, officials said Tuesday.
The 46-member business delegation will be attending the 12th CII-EXIM Bank regional conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership June 3-4. The delegation includes officials from prominent companies like Kirloskar group, Shappoorji Pallonji and Tatas.
The regional conclave will be looking at partnership at three levels - government, institutional and enterprise.
According to a senior CII official, Indian companies will be looking to explore opportunities in infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, transport and healthcare.
Thereafter, the delegation will move to Burkina Faso, the smaller, landlocked neighbour of Ghana. “This will be the first ever business mission to Burkina Faso,” said the CII official.
India’s foray into the continent has been led by the private sector, which has increased trade volume from $5.2 billion in 2002-03 to $26 billion in 2007-08. According to some estimates, two-way trade may increase to $150 billion by 2012.
- India pitches for greater development ties with Africa - Mar 19, 2012
- India seeks to jointly develop new markets with Africa (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- India-Africa business conclave starts Sunday - Mar 25, 2011
- Projects worth $30 billion discussed at India-Africa conclave - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian gets Togo's highest civilian award (With Images) - Jun 16, 2011
- India invited to make huge investments in Africa: Mozambique - Mar 28, 2011
- India-Africa conclave to discuss projects worth $30 billion - Mar 11, 2012
- $18 bn worth of projects discussed at India-Africa conclave - Mar 29, 2011
- India deepens trade ties with Burkina Faso - Feb 10, 2011
- Exhibitions light up eighth edition of India-Africa conclave - Mar 21, 2012
- For more and more Africans, India beckons - Apr 03, 2011
- Projects worth $18 billion discussed at India-Africa conclave (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- India to help Burkina Faso set up first call centre - Jun 01, 2010
- Booming trade ups freight from India to Africa - Apr 06, 2011
- Manmohan kicks off week of high-wire Africa diplomacy - May 22, 2011
Tags: africa project, burkina faso, business chamber, business delegation, business mission, cii, confederation of indian industry, continent, foray, june 3, member business, neighbour, New Delhi, pharmaceuticals, private sector, project partnership, prominent companies, regional conclave, trade volume, west africa