CII to showcase Kerala IT to investorsDecember 3rd, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Dec 3 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will showcase Kerala to prospective investors at the second edition of the India ICT Summit in Kochi Dec 14-15.
“The highlight of the meeting is a session where the Consul Generals from Germany, the USA, Canada, Singapore, and the deputy high commissioner, UK, will be taking part in a special session. Whenever a foreign company decides to invest it first gets in touch with its embassies and even today the perception that Kerala is not fit for investment is there, even though the reality is otherwise. We wish to change the perception and this session with these diplomats would be highly productive,” India ICT Summit chairman and IBS Software Services head V.K. Mathews told reporters here Friday.
The theme of the event is Changing Role of India-Partnering for Transformation. Close to 400 guests will take part in the meeting.
“The guests would include top officials of various IT companies, leading politicians, youth and student leaders from political parties, academics besides trade associations. As many as 25 eminent speakers from the country and abroad would be speaking at the various sessions,” said Mathews.
The speakers include Infosys CEO Kris Gopalakrishnan, HCL chairman Ajai Chowdhry, Qantas Airlines CIO David Hall, TUIfly U.K. CIO Eddie Marsden Jones, among others.
- Summit to ease growth of Kerala IT/ITES industry - Jan 10, 2012
- Government, industry must work together to address security issues: Pillai - Apr 09, 2011
- Harsh Chitale new CEO of HCL Infosystems - Oct 01, 2010
- HCL Infosystems Q3 net profit dips marginally - Jan 28, 2011
- Wipro's Premji leads Padma awardees among industrialists - Jan 25, 2011
- HCL Infosystems picks up 60 percent stake in Dubai firm - Jul 08, 2010
- CII Kerala to play proactive role in state's growth - May 04, 2012
- Diplomats, top IT professionals at Kerala meet - Nov 16, 2011
- CII to host India IT Summit 2009 in Kerala next month - Nov 03, 2009
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
- Infosys to hire 30,000 this year - Jun 10, 2010
- HCL Infosystems Q1 net profit down by 19.5 percent (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- G20 business leaders urge stable regulatory framework - Nov 03, 2011
- HCL Infosystem to acquire companies in emerging markets - Oct 21, 2010
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: confederation of indian industry, consul generals, david hall, diplomats, embassies, eminent speakers, high commissioner, ibs, kochi, marsden, mathews, perception, political parties, prospective investors, qantas airlines, software services, special session, student leaders, trade associations, tuifly