CII to hold FoodCon 2012 in Chennai in JulyJune 23rd, 2012 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 23 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will organise the FoodCon 2012: Conference on Advanced Technologies for Global Food Market here July 27, a statement from the industry body said.
The Tamil Nadu Technology Development & Promotion Centre of CII will hold the third edition of the conference that proposes to develop strong linkages within the agro-food processing industry, it said.
The focus would be on fostering new business opportunities and technology platforms for small agro enterprises and doing so enabling them to benefit from the growing market opportunities in the agro food system, domestically and internationally, the statement added.
The conference would also highlight the principles of operation and design of industrial equipment, used in the processing, storage and packaging of foods.
Participants will deliberate over topics such as aseptic processing, drying technology, dairy and marine technologies, packaging, safety, testing and regulations.
Around 200 senior officials from the food industry are expected to participate in the conference, according to CII.
- France to help India boost food processing sector - Oct 26, 2009
- India, New Zealand eye trade pact; discuss IT, agriculture (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- India seeks New Zealand's technology, investment - Jun 28, 2011
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Food safety norms should match global standards' - Oct 19, 2011
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- Andhra plans three agri business investment regions (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Himachal's fruit processing plant to be modernised - Jun 24, 2011
- India to set up 15 mega food parks - Mar 28, 2011
- India, Myanmar must conclude banking cooperation deal: CII - Nov 07, 2011
- '2.7 bn consumers in developing countries dairy industry's next big opportunity' - May 07, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- Packaged food industry to touch $30 bn by 2015 - Apr 29, 2012
- Five Indian ministers at Toronto's mini-PBD - May 30, 2011
- Food and beverage summit in Mumbai to showcase technology - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: amp, aseptic processing, chennai, confederation of indian industry, drying technology, food industry, food processing, food system, global food market, june 23, linkages, market opportunities, new business opportunities, participants, principles of operation, promotion centre, senior officials, tamil nadu, technology development, technology platforms