CII to discuss bilateral trade with US officialsJune 16th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) A delegation of Indian chief executives, headed by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) president Venu Srinivasan, will visit the US this week to build on bilateral economic relations, the industry lobby said Tuesday.
The June 17-19 meetings with US officials, politicians, economists and representatives of the American corporate sector will explore new avenues of collaboration and focus on issues such as global meltdown, civil nuclear energy deal and climate change, CII said in a statement.
“Forging partnerships for mutual benefit through promoting trade and investments, taking forward the civil nuclear energy deal, pursuing economic opportunities in defence, advancing science and technology, and cooperating in the education and healthcare sectors will be on top of the bilateral agenda,” CII said.
The delegation will also interact with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the Synergies Summit organised by the US-India Business Council (USIBC) in Washington.
India’s Commerce Minister Anand Sharma, along with US Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke and US Trade Representative Ronald Kirk will be present, the statement said.
The Indian corporate leaders will also meet Michael Froman, Deputy National Security Adviser for International Economic Affairs, and World Bank president Robert Zoellick.
- Pranab to attend US-India CEO Forum - Sep 21, 2011
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- US-India CEO Forum to boost bilateral trade, investment - Sep 21, 2011
- US-India business conclave to boost commercial ties - Jun 20, 2011
- India shall overcome, Krishna tells US business (Lead)Indian - Jun 13, 2012
- India-US investment treaty talks almost complete: Anand Sharma - Sep 21, 2011
- US, India high-technology meet Monday - Mar 10, 2010
- US team in India to discuss nuclear cooperation (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- 'US has enormous stake in India's emergence as a global power' - Jun 13, 2012
- India, US set to boost high-technology trade - Mar 15, 2010
- US, Indian agencies to exchange technology - Feb 08, 2011
- US-India trade group pushes for BIT - Jun 26, 2012
- India offers vast opportunities to US business: Envoy - Sep 17, 2011
- US sends high tech trade mission to India - Feb 03, 2011
- US business seeks free high-tech trade with India - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: advancing science, bilateral economic relations, bilateral trade, climate change, commerce minister, confederation of indian industry, corporate leaders, energy deal, gary locke, healthcare sectors, hillary clinton, india business, international economic affairs, mutual benefit, national security adviser, robert zoellick, s commerce, us trade representative, usibc, world bank president