CII signs deal for Israeli technologyJune 1st, 2011 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) Industry lobby Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Wednesday said it had signed an agreement with Israel’s High Tech Industry Association (HTIA) to bring Israeli technology and innovation to India.
“Joint initiatives under the agreement will include yearly conferences in both the countries and promotion of cross border mergers and acquisitions,” CII said in a statement released here.
“The two sides will also work to establish a network that would bring investors and entrepreneurs closer and allow Indian companies to penetrate Israeli markets,” it added.
According to a study, India’s relatively low manufacturing costs and proximity to the expanding east Asian economies offers growth opportunities to Israeli firms.
For India, Israel can be a source of high-technology products as well as a base for exports to Europe and the US with which Israel has a free trade agreement.
Minister of State for Communications and IT Sachin Pilot, who was present at the signing event in Jerusalem, said Indian and Israeli industries should work together to further expand bilateral trade relations.
Trade between India and Israel stood at $4 billion at the end of 2008, but dipped to $2.9 billion in 2010 due to the global recession.
- India, Israel to hold FTA talks Aug 14-16 - Aug 13, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Israel sign extradition pact, to forge anti-terror strategy (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- India to showcase biotech strength in US - Jun 26, 2011
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India show in Ethiopia - May 18, 2011
- Need better standards in electronics manufacturing: CII - Sep 25, 2011
- India, Myanmar must conclude banking cooperation deal: CII - Nov 07, 2011
- India-Israel joint venture capital fund proposed - Nov 03, 2010
- India-Israel trade can go up to $15 bn, says envoy - Jun 20, 2012
- CII, French industry chamber sign accord - Dec 07, 2010
- India calls for stepping up anti-terror effort with Israel - Jan 10, 2012
- Slovenian prime minister seeks investments from India - Jun 16, 2011
- India, Israel ink pact to boost tourism - Jun 25, 2012
- Israel favours joint R&D; ventures with China - Apr 02, 2012
- Raise depreciation rate to boost investment: CII - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade relations, cii, confederation of indian industry, conferences, cross border mergers, east asian economies, free trade agreement, global recession, growth opportunities, high technology products, initiatives, israeli firms, israeli technology, jerusalem, mergers and acquisitions, minister of state, New Delhi, pilot, proximity, study india