CII inks MoU with PCRA to make SMEs energy efficientNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:00 am ICT by admin
The MoU was signed by Ravi Capoor, Executive Director, PCRA, and Joint Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and Lt Gen (Retd) S S Mehta, Director General, CII.
The objective of the MoU was to make the country’s small and medium industrial units energy efficient. The three industrial clusters identified for the initiative are: Handtool units in Jalandhar, Mini-steel plants in Govindgarh (Himachal Pradesh) and Auto Component units in Gurgaon.
As per the MoU, four units in each of these clusters would be identified and taken up in the first phase, where detailed energy audit will be carried out to estimate the saving potential. The project tentatively targets to achieve an adequate saving level by February, 2008, the CII release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Capoor said: “We must work towards making these energy -intensive Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), operating in clusters all over the country, energy-efficient and bring them at par with world standards.” Calling it a bold move, he further said, both PCRA and CII can leverage on each other’s strength.
Lt Gen Mehta said CII will use all its resources to deliver to make this initiative a success. (ANI)
- India, Switzerland ink deal for energy efficiency - Nov 10, 2011
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- India, US ink three agreements on energy - Nov 09, 2010
- Kerala firms Rs.20,000-crore refinery expansion project - Sep 14, 2012
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- Gujarat chemical units sign MOU with Indo-African chamber - Dec 17, 2010
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- NALCO bags energy conservation award - Dec 14, 2010
- Andhra to tie-up with Israel - Jan 27, 2011
- IndianOil, BP MoU for acetic acid plant - Nov 23, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- India, US to sign shale gas deal during Obama visit - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistan, China sign MoUs on first day of Wen's visit - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: bold move, cii, component units, country energy, detailed energy, energy audit, energy conservation, energy efficient, industrial clusters, industrial units, kind initiative, lt, mini steel plants, mou, natural gas, pcra, petroleum, smes, tentatively, world standards