CII Indian Cities delegation leaves for EuropeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
The focus of the mission will be Water Supply, Waste Water Treatment and sanitation, Urban Development, City Heritage Conservation and Urban transportation. The programme is being organised in cooperation with the EuroIndia Centre.
The EuroIndia Centre was founded in 2001 as a not-for-profit association by two co-Presidents, Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, and Raymond Barre, former French Prime Minister. It aims to bring Europeans and Indians together to join hands for a shared future by seizing the historical opportunity of the resurgence of India on the international scene through events, such as its yearly EuroIndia Forum of Goa, which aims to bring cities from both sides on a common platform. The objective of the forum is to discuss ways and means of a cooperation to solve problems that they face everyday, while keeping in mind cultural affinities and a humanistic approach.
The other members of the Indian delegation are: Mr. I.P. Gautam, Municipal Commissioner, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation; Mr. D. Hawaldar, Director - Urban Development, Goa State Urban Development Agency; Mr. Gorachand Mandal, Director General - Buildings, The Kolkata Municipal Corporation; Mr. Sushil Kumar Sharma, Member - Mayor-in-Council, The Kolkata Municipal Corporation; Mr. Michel Sabatier, Secretary General, The EuroIndia Centre; Mr. B S Murty, Executive Officer, CII.
During the visit the CII delegation would visit Frankfurt, Lyon, Paris and La Rochelle. (ANI)
- Coherent intelligence from single agency key against terror: Pillai - Nov 26, 2009
- Indian delegation to visit UK for expanding trade ties - Jun 27, 2011
- US Sikh group seeks Kamal Nath's prosecution in Belgium - Oct 07, 2011
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- India, US to share healthcare models with Ethiopia - Feb 23, 2012
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- Two-storey public toilets in Kolkata - Jun 24, 2012
- 25 young Indians to take part in G20 Young Entrepreneur Summit - May 29, 2012
- Of toilets and Mamataspeak (West Bengal newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- Invest in Indian infrastructure: Kamal Nath to Europe - Oct 13, 2011
- Fruits of growing Indian economy not being enjoyed by all: Mukherjee - Apr 08, 2011
- FIFA secretary general to meet Ambani, Munjal - Sep 03, 2012
- Urban bodies must mend financial reporting to access funds: CAG - Sep 05, 2012
- Sovan Chatterjee to be new Kolkata mayor - Jun 06, 2010
- Prime minister to inaugurate Emerging Kerala summit - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, aims, cii, city heritage, cooperation, development city, goa state, heritage conservation, humanistic approach, indian delegation, kolkata, kumar sharma, mr sushil kumar, municipal commissioner, municipal corporation, prime minister of india, raymond barre, urban development agency, visit europe, visit frankfurt