CII India Business Forum launched in ChinaApril 16th, 2009 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Thursday launched an India Business Forum (IBF) in China, a lobby to promote bilateral trade and economic cooperation between the two countries.
The IBF will act as a forum for promoting India-China trade through collective and consensual approach and will also work with the Indian embassy in Beijing and others towards “building brand India”, the CII said in a statement released here.
The forum was officially launched at a seminar in Beijing, organised by the CII in association with the Indian embassy, in which several industrial leaders and diplomats from both sides participated.
“In this time of global financial and economic crisis, there is need for stronger cooperation and coordination between India and China,” Nirupama Rao, India’s ambassador to China, said at the seminar.
Saying that the countries should have effective stimulus measures to weather the financial crisis, the diplomat said: “The crisis must be turned into an opportunity by tackling it with the key commodity of confidence.”
She added that the bilateral trade between India and China had increased 10-fold in the last six years and China had become the largest trading partner of India in 2008.
“By 2025, it is highly probable that China-India economic ties through trade, investment and technology linkages may be one of the most important bilateral relationship in the world,” Rao said.
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- India, China to start maritime dialogue, border meet next week (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- India offers vast opportunities to US business: Envoy - Sep 17, 2011
- Xinjiang governor to build business links with India - Nov 01, 2011
- India-Indonesia business forum launched to boost trade and investment - Jul 19, 2012
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Premier Wen rejects Chinese 'dragon' vs Indian 'elephant' theory (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- India, China to hold maritime dialogue, border meeting next week (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- Chinese firms mull joint ventures in India (With image) - Apr 13, 2012
- Krishna to open new Indian embassy complex in Beijing - Feb 06, 2012
- Chinese envoy speaks peace a day after Indian missile test - Apr 20, 2012
- Now India-China model for India-Pakistan ties? - Apr 08, 2012
- CII-India Business Forum welcomes Obama's job creation agenda - Jan 27, 2011
- India, China identify new opportunities to realize vast potential for future growth - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: bilateral relationship, bilateral trade, china trade, cii india, confederation of indian industry, consensual approach, diplomat, diplomats, economic cooperation, economic crisis, economic ties, financial crisis, ibf, india business forum, india china, indian embassy, industrial leaders, nirupama rao, stimulus, trade investment