CII, centre join hands on cloud computingAugust 8th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 8 (IANS) The Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) national IT committee has tied up with the central government for use of cloud computing among small and medium enterprises in the country.
“We have earmarked two areas to work with the government. One is enabling cloud computing in India and developing more applications revolving around that,” said committee chairman Bhaskar Pramanik here.
Exuding confidence that the small and medium enterprises sector would be the major driver of the country’s future growth, he said these companies were unable to use technology.
“So we are looking into how technology can be used to enhance their businesses.”
Fortyfive percent of India’s manufacturing output and 40 percent of exports come from the sector.
- High credit and raw material costs affecting small firms: CII - Jun 20, 2010
- BRICS urged to develop small, medium enterprises - Jul 11, 2012
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Focus on IT industry's issues: Microsoft urges Indian government - May 11, 2012
- Trade between India, Japan set to rise: Envoy - Jul 10, 2011
- Government measures will help boost exports: Industry - Jun 05, 2012
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- MSMEs want separate pre-budget meeting with finance minister - Jan 14, 2012
- Budget leaves IT sector unimpressed - Feb 28, 2011
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Public cloud computing to touch Rs.2,434 crore by 2014 - Jun 07, 2011
- Cloud computing to create one lakh jobs in India: Study - Jul 19, 2011
- Cabinet to take up IT and electronics policy next week: Sibal - Jul 05, 2012
- Government approves mandatory procurement policy from SMEs - Nov 01, 2011
- Delhi to get patents centre for small and medium units - Apr 25, 2012