CII asks Himachal to make industrial policy investor-friendlyMay 25th, 2012 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 25 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh government should update its industrial policy and make it more investor-friendly, the industry lobby Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) said Friday.
“There is need for updating the industrial policy as it was nine years old. We should keep industrial policy at par with other industrially developed neighbouring states like Punjab which updated its policy in 2009 after incorporating suggestions from CII,” C.N. Dhar, senior vice president of CII’s state chapter, told reporters here.
Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma, who was here Wednesday, had blamed the state government for pursuing policies not congenial to investors.
“The industrialists are being asked to pay for laying the transmission grid (to provide electricity to their industrial unit),” Sharma had told reporters.
He said the state had an acute shortage of water - both for drinking and industrial purposes - besides poor road connectivity.
Dhar said the lack of connectivity - road, air and rail - was a major bottleneck for rapid industrialization.
“The state should concentrate more on improving network of roads,” said Dhar.
- Himachal not investor friendly: Anand Sharma - May 23, 2012
- Kerala CM to make major pitch for investment - Apr 16, 2012
- CII echoes Obama, calls for easing FDI norms - Jul 17, 2012
- CII Kerala to play proactive role in state's growth - May 04, 2012
- Need clarification on Foreign Currency Regulation Act: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Cut cost of credit to boost exports: CII - Apr 01, 2012
- Cluster scheme to boost electronics manufacturing: CII - Jul 05, 2012
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- SAARC should focus on infrastructure, trade: CII - Nov 06, 2011
- Scams will impact foreign investments: CII - Aug 24, 2012
- CII pitches for defence park in Tamil Nadu - Mar 10, 2010
- Anand Sharma opposes report on land acquisition - May 18, 2012
- Japanese firms to increase investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2012
- India unifies foreign investment policies into one document (Lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- CII signs deal for Israeli technology - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: acute shortage, anand sharma, bottleneck, cii, confederation of indian industry, electricity, himachal pradesh government, improving network, industrial purposes, industrialists, industry minister, investor, nine years, punjab, rapid industrialization, senior vice president, shimla, shortage of water, state government, transmission grid