Chrysler’s to recall Jeeps and minivansJune 8th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chrysler is the latest automaker to face barrages of recall. The company is recalling more than 700,000 minivans and Jeep Wranglers from around the world.
Chrysler on Monday announced that because of problems with its braking and wiring of its minivans and Jeep Wranglers, it is recalling more than 600,000 cars from the United States alone. Apart from this another 100,000 vehicles are also being recalled from other parts of the world.
Chrysler says that the problem can be a safety concern for its users. The company however said there has been no injuries or deaths associated with the problem.
The company is in consultations with federal regulators, and they said that the recall would affect 288,968 Jeep Wranglers that were manufactured between 2006 and 2010 because of an apparent brake fluid leak threat. The company also says 284,831 Dodge Grand Caravan and minivans will also be recalled because of certain wiring problems.
The company also added that the problem could cause fire inside the sliding doors of the car. The recall will affect 2008 and 2009 models of the vehicles. The recall will be the second in a week by Chrysler. The automaker first recalled about 35,000 Dodge Calibers because of gas pedal sticks.
- Chrysler's New Recall Of Almost 700,000 Jeeps And Minivans Likely To Diminish Consumer Faith - Jun 08, 2010
- Chrysler's New Recall Affecting Over 600,000 Vehicles - Jun 08, 2010
- Volkswagen Recalls 16,000 Routan Minivans - Jun 13, 2010
- Chrysler Stumbles On Dodge Pedal Problem, Investigation Starts - May 04, 2010
- China not to import Jeep Wrangler over safety issues - Apr 09, 2011
- Chrysler recalls around 24,000 vehicles because of defective brakes - Jan 19, 2010
- Ford recalls 490,000 vehicles over safety flaws - Jan 12, 2012
- Toyota recalls more than 680000 vehicles over safety concerns - Mar 08, 2012
- NHTSA Is Exploring Chrysler's Dodge Pedal Dilemma - May 04, 2010
- Honda to recall 1.35 million Fit subcompacts over a headlight issue - Dec 17, 2010
- Toyota recalls 420000 vehicles over steering issue - Nov 10, 2011
- Chrysler Recalls Vehicles To Evade Break Failure Issue - Jan 19, 2010
- Toyota recalls Sienna minivans - Apr 17, 2010
- Honda Recalls 344,00 Odysseys & 68,000 Elements Due To Brakes - Mar 17, 2010
- Toyota recalls 1.7m cars because of fuel-leakage issue - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: automaker, brake fluid, cars, chrysler, consultations, deaths, dodge, dodge calibers, dodge grand caravan, fluid leak, grand caravan, jeep, jeep wranglers, jeeps, minivans, models, regulators, safety concern, sliding doors