Chris Hoys secret to Olympic success- Haggis and Red Bull!September 8th, 2008 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 8 (ANI): Olympic gold medallist and sprint cyclist Chris Hoy has revealed his formula of success Haggis and Red Bull.
The 32-year-old cyclist, who became the first Brit for the century to win three golds at the Beijing games, admits that the stomach churning combination of haggis and red bull helps him stay on track.
He says that he sometimes adds vodka to the Red Bull to give himself a high.
Haggis and a Red Bull and vodka is fine by me though a great Scottish meal, the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
Red Bull is something I have always used to give myself a bit of a lift, particularly straight after training.
When it comes to what I put in my body I believe in balance.
If I do want something really strongly like some junk food then it has never been anything that I have been too concerned about afterwards, he added.
Hoy has been riding a bike ever since he was six, when hit movie E.T. hit the silver screen.
From that moment on I just wanted to be part of that new sport which involved BMX bikes. I was inspired and then the whole BMX thing took off and it spiralled from there, he added. (ANI)
- Hoy to carry British flag at Olympics - Jul 23, 2012
- China grab five golds in track cycling at Asian Games - Nov 17, 2010
- Bolt will face stiff challenge from Blake: Holmes - May 04, 2012
- Star pullout of Commonwealth Games not good: Sports Minister Gill (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Gill laments pullout of star athletes from Commonwealth Games - Jul 18, 2010
- CWG cycling: Australia sweep all three golds on offer on opening day - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian cyclists back on CWG track after 32 years - Sep 21, 2010
- Scotland wants 40-yr US ban on haggis to be lifted - Jan 24, 2011
- No Stosur, Hewitt in Australia's CWG tennis squad - Aug 18, 2010
- Death of a Scotsman brings lessons for Goan cyclists - Mar 22, 2011
- Cyclist Wiggins eyes Delhi Commonwealth Games - May 01, 2010
- Doctors say that MTV Presenter TJ Lavin showing some signs of improvement - Oct 18, 2010
- Chris Hoy named BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Dec 15, 2008
- Leading historian claims the English, not the Scottish, invented the haggis - Aug 03, 2009
- Olympics won't be easy for Bolt: Mennea - Jul 13, 2012