Choon-Kuhn Kwon is new head of POSCO-IndiaMarch 6th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 6 (IANS) POSCO-India, which is setting up a $12-billion steel plant in Orissa’s Jagatsinghpur district, Friday announced that it has appointed Choon-Kuhn Kwon as its new chairman and managing director (CMD).
The 55-year-old Kwon, one of the directors of the South Korea-based parent company POSCO, is well acquainted with the Jagatsinghpur project and has been associated with it since its conceptualisation, a company statement said.
Kwon stayed in Paradip and Bhubaneswar for more than two years and worked for the project, it added.
POSCO signed a deal with the state government in June 2005 to build the plant by 2016 near Paradip port, some 100 km from here.
Kwon’s appointment comes after Soung Sik Cho left Orissa for South Korea last month after a three-year stint as CMD of POSCO-India.
- Posco seeks lifting of curbs on project site entry - Mar 02, 2012
- POSCO project: Supporters, protesters hold rival meets - Mar 13, 2011
- barricades are up again at Posco site - Feb 03, 2011
- Orissa to renew MoU with POSCO - Jun 22, 2010
- Villagers protest Orissa plan to renew POSCO pact (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Political parties to support anti-POSCO movement - Mar 01, 2011
- Rains halt Posco land acquisition - Jun 17, 2011
- Land acquisition for Posco to resume despite protest - May 08, 2011
- Posco welcomes conditional nod for Orissa project - Jan 31, 2011
- POSCO project was cleared on flawed data, says research group - Oct 20, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik to talk with anti-POSCO leaders - Jun 12, 2010
- Orissa yet to renew pact with POSCO - Apr 14, 2011
- Land acquisition plan for Posco faces new hurdle - May 16, 2011
- Orissa villagers observe 'Black Day' to protest Posco pact - Jun 22, 2011
- Anti-Posco activists intensify stir - Jan 27, 2010