Chola DBS to raise Rs.100 cr offering fresh equityApril 5th, 2010 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 5 (IANS) The Board of city-based non-banking finance company (NBFC) Cholamandalam DBS Finance Ltd (Chola DBS) is planning to raise Rs.100 crore from the International Finance Corporation (IFC) by issuing fresh equity.
The NBFC will issue 10,893,852 equity shares of Rs.10 each at Rs.92 per share on a preferential basis.
“The transaction is expected to close this May after the approval of IFC’s Board, our shareholders and regulatory authorities. Normally IFC is a long-term investor and the company needs growth capital at regular interval. Hence, we decided on IFC,” N. Srinivasan, director-in-charge, told IANS Monday.
Once the transaction is completed, IFC’s holding in the company will be around 9.9 percent, he said.
According to Srinivasan, the company will also convert the 30,000,000, one percent fully convertible cumulative preference shares (FCCPS) of Rs.100 each before September 2010.
Post Capital infusion by IFC, and conversion of the preference shares, Chola DBS’ net worth will be close to Rs.900 crore and the promoters will continue to hold 74.9 percent stake in the company.
Asked about the strategy to grow the business after the exit of DBS Bank, he said: “We have to grow the business. Mortgage business is known to us. We will be chalking out our strategies shortly.”
The Murugappa group last month announced its decision to buyout DBS Bank’s 37.48 percent stake in Chola DBS (24,888,473 equity shares of Rs.10 each) at Rs.91 per share.
Group company Tube Investments of India Ltd will also invest Rs.150 crore in Chola DBS by subscribing to its one percent FCCPS of Rs.100 each.
- Murugappa to buy out DBS stake in Chola DBS Finance - Mar 30, 2010
- Murugappa group not to exit insurance business - May 06, 2010
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- Fortis Healthcare posts consolidated global revenue at Rs.1,409 crore - Aug 14, 2012
- Andhra proposes non-banking finance body for self-help groups - Jun 21, 2011
- Kolkata firm begins wind energy project in Tamil Nadu - Apr 05, 2011
- IFC to take 15 percent stake in two SunEdison companies - May 10, 2012
- Srei aims to broadbase borrowing options - Jan 07, 2012
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro planning Rs.2,000-crore PE fund - Oct 31, 2010
- Hinduja Leyland Finance to disburse Rs.850 crore - Apr 01, 2010
- Cholamandalam Investment posts higher profit - Jan 27, 2011
- RBI proposes new regulations for non-banking finance firms - Aug 29, 2011
- Murugappa group plans to double turnover in 5 years - Oct 01, 2009
- Magma Fincorp Q1 net jumps 93 percent - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: business mortgage, capital infusion, cholamandalam dbs, crore, cumulative preference, fccps, finance company, finance ltd, india ltd, international finance corporation, mortgage business, murugappa group, preference shares, preferential basis, regulatory authorities, s board, share group, srinivasan, term investor, tube investments