Chinese vehicle manufacturer’s 2011 profits slumpMarch 2nd, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 2 (IANS) Beiqi Foton Motor Co., one of China’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturers, said Friday that its profits slumped nearly 30 percent year-on-year in 2011 due to falling sales.
The company’s profits decreased to 1.15 billion yuan ($182.54 million), while revenues slid 3.45 percent to 51.65 billion yuan, according to a statement filed to the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
Earnings per share stood at 0.546 yuan. Shareholders will be paid 1.2 yuan in dividends for every 10 shares they hold, Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
Foton sold 640,400 vehicles in 2011, down 6.2 percent year-on-year, meeting just 88.9 percent of its annual sales target.
A domestic economic slowdown and the cancellation of government incentives caused China’s auto sales to fall 2.45 percent year-on-year to 18.5 million units in 2011, the slowest growth rate in 13 years.
Foton said it is not upbeat about this year’s sales, despite a better macroeconomic environment, according to the statement.
The company’s shares fell 0.27 percent to 7.4 yuan per share during Friday’s morning trading.
- Chinese aviation industry profits shrink - May 08, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- China's largest gold miner posts gloomy results - Aug 11, 2012
- China's retail sales up in December - Jan 17, 2012
- China's crude steel output went up in 2011 - Jan 23, 2012
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- China Mobile profits go up - Mar 16, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- Major Chinese industrial companies' profits drop - Mar 27, 2012
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Industrial profits growth slows in China - Dec 27, 2011
- China's auto sales up nearly three percent - Jul 11, 2012
- China's 2011 grain output reaches 571 mn tonnes - Dec 02, 2011
- Air China Q3 profits fall - Oct 28, 2011
- ICICI Bank quarterly net profit rises 36 percent - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: 13 years, 5 million, auto sales, beijing, beiqi foton motor, commercial vehicle manufacturers, dividends, earnings per share, economic slowdown, exchange earnings, foton, government incentives, macroeconomic environment, motor co, s sales, shanghai stock exchange, slump, vehicle manufacturer, xinhua, yuan