Chinese railway passenger traffic growsDecember 5th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 5 (IANS) China’s railways carried 1.72 billion people in the first 11 months of the year, up 10.9 percent year-on-year, the Ministry of Railways (MOR) said Monday.
The figure accounts for 90.5 percent of the ministry’s target of 1.9 billion passengers for the year and is slightly slower than the 11.2-percent growth posted in the first ten months, reported Xinhua.
December will see the start of a slow season for railway travel, but local railway bureaux will still work to reduce the impact of harsh weather, construction and equipment failures as much as possible, the ministry said in a statement.
The country’s railways delivered 3.59 billion tonnes of goods in the January-November period, an 8-percent year-on-year increase, the statement said.
Since the beginning of the year, China’s trains have transported 2.07 billion tonnes of coal, 123.4 million tonnes of oil, 88.8 million tonnes of grain and 78.1 million tonnes of fertilizer and pesticide, according to the statement.
- China Railways carry 453 mn passengers Jan-March - Apr 08, 2012
- 91 mn Chinese to travel by train during holidays - Sep 01, 2011
- China's railways carried over 1 bn passengers - Aug 08, 2011
- China's crude steel output went up in 2011 - Jan 23, 2012
- China railways carry 600 mn passengers - May 06, 2012
- China's trains carried 910 mn passengers this year - Jul 11, 2011
- China's railways carry 453 mn people in Q1 - Apr 09, 2012
- China's retail sales up in December - Jan 17, 2012
- China's foreign trade growth slows in November - Dec 11, 2011
- China's petrochemical sector growth slows - Apr 30, 2012
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- China's exports rise to $173 bn in August - Sep 10, 2011
- Industrial profits growth slows in China - Dec 27, 2011
- China's steel output up in first three quarters - Oct 22, 2011
- China's 2011 grain output reaches 571 mn tonnes - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,