‘Chinese insurance sector needs healthy growthApril 22nd, 2012 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, April 22 (IANS) Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan has urged accelerated reform and innovation in the country’s insurance industry to promote healthy and stable development.
Wang said here that the insurance industry was faced with great potential and opportunities amid accelerated process of industrialization and urbanization.
However, the industry development was still at primary stage, and needs to take an explorative steps to improve its systems, he said.
Wang stressed greater efforts should be made to develop pension, medical and liability insurance. The agriculture-related and shipping industries, small-sized and technology-based business should receive better insurance services, reported Xinhua.
By the end of January, the country’s insurance industry had a total of 6.03 trillion yuan ($957 billion) in assets. The premium revenue totaled 1.43 trillion yuan in 2011, up 10.4 percent year-on-year.
- China gets $226 bn in insurance premium in 2011 - Jan 08, 2012
- China's GDP growth sees moderate slowdown (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- China's Q1 retail sales up - Apr 13, 2012
- China is now world's second-largest economy - Feb 14, 2011
- China unveils list of top 500 companies - Sep 04, 2011
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- China celebrates Tourism Day - May 20, 2012
- Chinese own 2.95 bn bank cards - Mar 19, 2012
- China's agriculture-related fiscal spending surges - Dec 26, 2011
- Unbalanced recovery better than balanced recession: China - Nov 21, 2011
- China's GDP growth to hit 8.5 percent this year: ADB (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- `China's fiscal revenues to surpass budget this year' - Dec 01, 2011
- China's IT industry sees revenue growth - Apr 09, 2012
- China's foreign trade to top $4.8 trillion in 2015 - Jan 04, 2012
- Chinese banking model unsustainable: Daily - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: agriculture, assets, chinese vice, great potential, industrialization and urbanization, innovation, insurance, insurance industry, insurance sector, insurance services, liability insurance, process of industrialization, shanghai, shipping industries, stable development, trillion, wang qishan, xinhua, yuan