Chinese company launches education project in HimachalAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh), Aug 7 (IANS) Information and communications technology company Huawei India Tuesday launched its computer education programme in this town as part of corporate social responsibility.
As part of its ‘E-HOPE’ programme, the company has provided a set of two computers and accessories to 40 rural schools located in three districts of Hamirpur, Bilaspur and Una, a company spokesperson said.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, who was present on the occasion, said the programme, initially launched in three districts, would boost the latest educational facilities in the state.
“Contemporary education is incomplete without an early introduction to computers and technology. I welcome this initiative of the company which is committed to narrowing the digital divide,” he said.
Caibin Lu, chief financial officer of Huawei India, said through the ‘E-HOPE’ project the company aims to reach out to as many cities and villages as possible, providing them the technology and knowledge they lack at present.
The company targets to build a knowledge network of 1,000 rural schools in the next three years.
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
- China's Huawei to invest $2 bn on Indian telecom lab, factory - Dec 14, 2010
- Himachal to have 12 more silk producing units - May 10, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh launches free ambulance service - Dec 25, 2010
- China's Huawei to buy Symantec stake - Nov 15, 2011
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal seeks to rein in monkeys - Sep 21, 2011
- Goa Church, business chamber to help school dropouts - Nov 21, 2011
- Chinese 'Red Army lab' raises cyber attack fears - Mar 14, 2011
- Kerala's 50,000 teachers to get discounted laptops - Jan 08, 2011
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Wipro to train school teachers in US - Aug 29, 2012
- Spreading awareness about tech innovations the Microsoft way - Feb 10, 2012
- To catch monkeys, Himachal dangles Rs.500 bait - Nov 03, 2011
- Now Skoool web technologies in all Kerala schools - Feb 20, 2010
Tags: bilaspur, chief financial officer, chief minister, chinese company, communications technology company, company spokesperson, computer education, contemporary education, corporate social responsibility, digital divide, education project, educational facilities, himachal pradesh, hope project, huawei, initiative, introduction to computers, knowledge network, rural schools, two computers