Chinese city to hold charity fairMay 7th, 2012 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 7 (IANS) A charity-themed expo is scheduled to run July 12-14 in the south China metropolis of Shenzhen, Mayor Xu Qin said Monday.
Titled “Development, Integration and Transparency”, the fair aims to showcase the fruits of development of public good and philanthropy in China, as well as demonstrate China’s resolution to boost transparency in its charity sector, reported Xinhua.
More than 400 public charity organizations, enterprises, institutions and provinces will send delegations, according to Xu.
Striving to build itself into a “city of volunteers”, Shenzhen currently has 350,000 registered volunteers and more than 4,000 social organizations.
- China saw 80 bn yuan in public donations in 2011 - May 07, 2012
- Jet Li's One Foundation officially registered as public organisation - Jan 12, 2011
- Sri Lanka to hold export meet - Mar 08, 2012
- Make CSR mandatory, says philanthropist Sitaram Jindal - Jun 03, 2012
- Two Chinese officials executed for bribery - Jul 19, 2011
- Crowds flock to first day of World Expo 2010 - May 01, 2010
- China's Asian Games Town ready ahead of time - Sep 22, 2010
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- 'Mining ban hits iron ore supply to foundries' - Feb 29, 2012
- Chinese city eyes more Western tourists - Mar 08, 2012
- 'Test flight of stealth jet intended to show China's sovereignty' - Jan 17, 2011
- Man jailed for not paying workers - Jan 14, 2012
- Chinese students going under the knife for better job prospects - Jul 24, 2010
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
- Chinese charity to donate sweaters to abandoned African kids - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,