Chinese auto company keen to invest in West BengalNovember 12th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 12 (IANS) Officials of Chinese auto major First Automobile Works (FAW) have visited three plots in West Bengal, including Tata Motors’ abandoned land in Singur, for setting up a manufacturing facility, a senior government official said here Wednesday.”They have seen plots in Singur, Kharagpur and Haldia,” Commerce and Industries Principal Secretary Sabyasachi Sen told reporters on the sidelines of a programme.
FAW has teamed up with Ural India, an Indo-Russian joint venture, and is scouting for 600 acres in any of these places to set up its plant.
Asked if the company was interested in the Singur plot, Sen said: “The land has not yet been vacated by Tata Motors. It will take another year or so to vacate it. It is up to the company whether they are ready to wait till that time.”
Tata last month shifted its small car Nano plant from Singur to Sanand in Gujarat following protests by the opposition Trinamool Congress-led farmers against the projects.
Sen, however, said the state government would be ready with the blue print of the land available at the Tata Motors site so that any willing company whose criteria matches with the land availability can start unit over there.
- Chinese automakers meet Buddhadeb - Apr 13, 2009
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- I believe Singur's farmers will win, says Mamata - Jun 22, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Land identified for handing over to 12 Singur farmers - Jun 28, 2011
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- Tata's Singur land can be acquired for BHEL: Bengal minister - Nov 26, 2009
- West Bengal welcomes railway coach factory in Singur (Lead) - Dec 08, 2009
- Occupy Singur on lines of Occupy Wall street: CPI-M legislator - Jun 24, 2012
- Railways agrees in principle to set up factory in Singur - Dec 10, 2009
- New Singur project to generate more jobs than Nano: Buddhadeb - Apr 25, 2009
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010