Chinese auto accessories company forays into IndiaJanuary 15th, 2010 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 14 (IANS) The Indian partners of CASKA, China’s market leader in auto accessories, Thursday announced its foray into the country and said it is looking for 10 percent share in the domestic market in the next one year.
CASKA products have been brought to the country under a tie-up with co-agent to be branded, imported and marketed by Pashupati Tradex Pvt. Ltd, a group company of Pashupati Ispat.
The products would be distributed by Auto Trendz, a Kolkata-based company.
“We are targeting a niche clientele having cars with Rs.6 lakh plus price tag. We are looking at 10 percent market share in India in one year,” Sourabh Sureka, director of Pashupati Tradex, told reporters at a press meet.
The company plans to reach Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai next month.
Claiming that their products were unique in the country, Neeraj Banka, partner of Auto Trendz, said CASKA’s multi-media devices were car specific and customized to suit the dash boards of all high-end cars, unlike the products of the rival companies.
“We have a definite edge over the companies like Sony or Pioneer since CASKA systems are car model specific, which means cars like Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla can install these systems without any artificial panels so that the original finish is not lost and the original controls of the car work with the multimedia systems,” he said.
After the four major metros, CASKA products would be taken to Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and Coimbatore in March.
- Chinese car multimedia maker CASKA to set up R&D; centre in India - Apr 19, 2012
- Shree Ganesh jewellery aims to generate 500 MW solar power - Apr 12, 2012
- Ruia Group acquires company in France - May 17, 2011
- Concast plans to set up Rs. 8 bn cement plant in Arunachal - Feb 02, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Budget impact: Toyota Kirloskar to increase prices - Mar 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- South City Projects to foray into Sri Lanka - Sep 06, 2011
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Maruti plans to roll out SUVs and MPVs - Feb 03, 2012
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- Toyota to invest $500 mn in Brazil - Aug 09, 2012
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: auto accessories, auto trendz, car model, car work, caska, coimbatore, dash boards, definite edge, foray, forays, group company, honda civic, indian partners, kolkata, lakh, multimedia systems, rival companies, rs 6, s market, toyota corolla