China’s Wuhan city wants to invest in KolkataOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 26 (IANS) A delegation from China’s Wuhan city Tuesday evinced interest in investing in the New Town area that is being developed near Rajarhat in Kolkata’s north eastern fringes.
“We are interested in developing a manufacturing hub to produce building materials in the New town area,” said Yang Guocheng, deputy secretary General of Wuhan municipal government and the leader of the visiting delegation.
The delegation signed an agreement of friendship and cooperation with the Bharat Chamber of Commerce to promote trade between Kolkata and Wuhan.
Built on a public-private-partnership model, the New Town commercial-cum-residential township has a large concentration of Information Technology companies.
Capital of Hubei province, Wuhan is the most populous city in central China. Its major industries includes optic-electronic, automobile manufacturing, steel manufacturing, new pharmaceutical sector, biology engineering and environmental protection.
- CPI-M leader flays Mamata for land return announcement - Jun 25, 2011
- Explosion at central China factory, casualties unknown - Dec 10, 2010
- Bangladesh hopes to emulate Kolkata townships - Oct 27, 2010
- Wipro to expand Kolkata project - Aug 27, 2012
- Name Bengal township after Ambedkar: NGO - Dec 09, 2011
- Open to probe on land acquisition: Bengal minister - Nov 23, 2010
- Infosys inks deal with West Bengal for 50-acre campus - Nov 23, 2010
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- Premji meets Buddhadeb over Wipro's new campus - Dec 08, 2010
- China to create world's 3rd tallest building - Dec 09, 2010
- Jyoti Basu Nagar or not? Left, Trinamool back to name-calling - Oct 27, 2011
- Township must be named after Jyoti Basu: Left - Oct 21, 2011
- Bengal minister challenges Trinamool on land acquisition - Nov 17, 2010
- Mamata fights for Kolkata farmers' land - Nov 13, 2010
- Krishna holds bilateral meetings with Russian, Chinese counterparts - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,