China’s telecommunication sector revenue upFebruary 7th, 2012 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 7 (IANS) The main business revenue of the China’s telecommunication sector reached 988 billion yuan ($157 billion) in 2011, up 10 percent year-on-year, authorities said Tuesday.
Overall users of fixed-line and mobile phones as well as Internet were charged 4.8 percent less than in the previous year, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) chief engineer Zhu Hongren said at a press conference in Beijing.
Zhu said that as of the end of December, the number of phone users reached 1.27 billion, of which 128 million were 3G users.
In 2011 alone, 3G users increased by 81.37 million, reported Xinhua.
He also said that the number of China’s Internet users hit 513 million, or 38.3 percent of the nation’s population.
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China's internet users reach 513 million - Jan 16, 2012
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- China's internet users rise to 513 million (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Phones to beat computers for surfing net in China - Jul 03, 2012
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- China Mobile profits go up - Mar 16, 2012
- China has over 18 mn 3G users - Apr 23, 2010
- China's phone users surpass 1.1 billion mark - Jun 29, 2010
- Chinese firm says its 3G subscribers top 36 mn - Dec 20, 2011
- China's phone users top 1.1 bn - Jun 29, 2010
- E-commerce to make even bigger gains - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: 3g, authorities, beijing, business revenue, chief engineer, china, information technology, internet users, mobile phones, phone users, population, previous year, telecommunication sector, xinhua, yuan