China’s Sinovac gets world’s first swine flu vaccine production licenseSeptember 4th, 2009 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 3 (Xinhua) China Thursday approved a swine flu vaccine produced by the domestic pharmaceutical company Sinovac, making it the first to get a production license in the global race.
The State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) issued the license for Sinovac’s vaccine called Panflu.1 Thursday, after it passed SFDA’s experts evaluation Aug 31.
Panflu.1 could safely be given to people aged from three to 60 years old in a single shot (15 microgram dose), according to the evaluation report.
Sinovac has the capacity to produce five million doses of vaccine before Oct 1, and 20-30 million doses per year, an official said.
One more swine flu vaccine produced by Chinese pharmaceutical company Hualan Biological Engineering Inc., is also hopeful of getting the license this week.
- Chinese firm produces swine flu vaccines - Jun 22, 2009
- Millions of birds dead, killed in Mexico flu outbreak - Jul 26, 2012
- Scientists find new method to develop flu vaccine tool - Dec 07, 2010
- Swine flu vaccine may be available in India this year - Jan 12, 2010
- About 39,000 given swine flu vaccine shots in China - Sep 23, 2009
- 76 officials punished over medicine scandal in China - Aug 04, 2012
- Poonawalla group acquires Dutch global vaccine company - Jul 05, 2012
- India scrambles for germ-free eggs for swine flu vaccines - Aug 09, 2009
- China busts counterfeit drug racket - Dec 30, 2011
- Produce seasonal flu vaccines, WHO urges drug firms - Jul 14, 2009
- Swine flu vaccination in India likely from Feb 19 - Feb 05, 2010
- Pharma firms to conduct H1N1 vaccine human trials in India - Dec 08, 2009
- People with severe asthma need higher dose of H1N1 vaccine: Study - Dec 14, 2010
- China to blacklist illegal drug producers - May 31, 2012
- Swine flu 'a false pandemic'? - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: 30 million, beijing, biological engineering, china, chinese pharmaceutical company, engineering inc, evaluation report, flu, food and drug, food and drug administration, global race, microgram dose, panflu, sfda, single shot, sinovac, state food, swine flu vaccine, vaccine production, xinhua