China’s power consumption growth slows in OctoberNovember 15th, 2011 - 1:37 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 15 (IANS) China’s power consumption rose 11.35 percent in October from a year earlier, but slowed from September’s 12.2 percent growth, the National Energy Administration (NEA) said Tuesday.
The country’s total power usage reached 379.7 billion kilowatt-hours (KWG) in October, the NEA said in a statement on its website.
In the first 10 months, electricity consumption totaled 3.90 trillion KWH, up 11.87 percent year-on-year, Xinhua reported.
Tertiary industries recorded the fastest yearly electricity consumption growth of 13.62 percent in the first 10 months, with total consumption hitting 425.2 billion KWH.
Primary industries saw growth amounting to 87.2 billion KWH in the January-October period, up 4.38 percent year-on-year, while secondary industries used 2.91 trillion KWH, up 12.16 percent.
Residents in urban and rural areas consumed 473.7 billion KWH of electricity in the first 10 months, up 10.1 percent year-on-year.
The country invested 276 billion yuan ($43 billion) in power projects from January to October. This included 70.8 billion yuan for hydroelectric power projects, 81.8 billion yuan for thermal power projects, 60 billion yuan for nuclear power projects and 55 billion yuan for wind power projects.
- China's electricity consumption goes up - Mar 14, 2012
- China's power consumption rises - Apr 14, 2012
- China's power consumption slows down - Aug 14, 2012
- `China's fiscal revenues to surpass budget this year' - Dec 01, 2011
- China's GDP growth to hit 8.5 percent this year: ADB (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- China's Q1 retail sales up - Apr 13, 2012
- China starts differential electricity pricing system - Jul 02, 2012
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- China's 2011 fiscal revenue hits $1.64 trillion - Jan 20, 2012
- China's November FDI down to 9.76 percent - Dec 15, 2011
- China's retail sales up in October - Nov 09, 2011
- China's urban fixed-asset investment up 24.9 percent - Dec 11, 2010
- China gets $226 bn in insurance premium in 2011 - Jan 08, 2012
- South Korea's industrial power sales go up - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: 10 months, beijing, china, consumption growth, electricity consumption, energy administration, hydroelectric power projects, kilowatt hours, kwh, national energy, nea, nuclear power, power consumption, rural areas, tertiary industries, trillion, wind power projects, xinhua, yuan