China’s non-manufacturing sector rebounds (Lead)April 3rd, 2012 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 3 (IANS) Business activities in China’s non-manufacturing sector steadily recovered in March on rising market demands, the China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing (CFLP) said Tuesday.
The non-manufacturing sector’s Purchasing Managers Index (PMI), a key economic indicator, rose 0.7 percentage points from February to 58 percent, the CFLP said in a statement.
A PMI reading above 50 percent indicates expansion from the previous month, while below indicates contraction.
Taking account of seasonal factors, the index increased for two months in a row since it dropped in January, reported Xinhua.
“Activities in the non-manufacturing sector was active on the back of rising market demands, and the sector maintained the momentum of sound growth,” the statement said.
The figure came two days after the CFLP posted China’s manufacturing PMI at 53.1 percent in March, the fourth consecutive monthly growth and the highest level since March last year.
The federation’s non-manufacturing PMI is based on a survey of about 1,200 companies in 20 industries including transport, real estate, retailing, catering and software.
- China's non-manufacturing sector rebounds - Apr 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector slows in April (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- China non-manufacturing sector's growth slows - Aug 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth goes up (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Growth up in China's non-manufacturing sector - Sep 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector slows - Mar 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth slows in August - Sep 03, 2011
- China non-manufacturing sector's growth picks up - Jul 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth slows - Nov 03, 2011
- China manufacturing expands in April (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- China's Purchasing Managers Index rises in February (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- China's manufacturing activity slows - Sep 01, 2012
- China's manufacturing activity slows to nine-month low (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- China's Purchasing Managers Index rises in January (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- China's manufacturing sector picks up momentum - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: beijing, business activities, china, contraction, economic indicator, logistics, manufacturing sector, market demands, momentum, percentage points, pmi, purchasing managers index, real estate, rebounds, seasonal factors, xinhua