China’s industrial production slows in OctoberNovember 9th, 2011 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 9 (IANS) China’s industrial output grew by 13.2 percent year-on-year in October, down from September’s 13.8-percent growth, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Wednesday.
In the first 10 months, industrial value-added output increased by 14.1 percent year-on-year, down 0.1 percentage points from the first nine months, Xinhua reported quoting a statement from the NBS.
In October, the industrial value-added output of state-owned and state-held companies grew by 8.9 percent year-on-year, while that of collectively-owned and joint-stock enterprises expanded by 9.2 percent and 15.1 percent, respectively.
Industrial value-added output for the heavy industry sector rose by 13.7 percent from a year earlier, while that of the light industry sector rose by 12.1 percent.
All 39 of the country’s industrial sectors posted gains in October, with textiles up 8.1 percent; chemical materials and products up 13.1 percent; general equipment manufacturing up 15.8 percent; and transportation equipment manufacturing up 11.3 percent.
Industrial value-added output measures the final output value of industrial production, or the value of gross industrial output minus intermediate input, such as raw materials and labour costs.
The NBS also released Wednesday other economic indicators such as the consumer price index (CPI), fixed-asset investment and retail sales figures.
The CPI, a main gauge of inflation, eased to 5.5 percent in October, softening from 6.1 percent in September, 6.2 percent in August and 6.5 percent in July, the NBS said earlier Wednesday.
- China's industrial output up 13.3 percent in November - Dec 11, 2010
- China's industrial value-added output up 13.9 percent - Jan 17, 2012
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- China's retail sales up in December - Jan 17, 2012
- China's industrial output growth rises - Jul 13, 2012
- China's Q3 GDP grows at slowest pace in two years - Oct 18, 2011
- China's GDP growth slows to 8.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Inflation down by 6.87 percent - Aug 14, 2012
- China's inflation accelerates (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012
- Retail inflation surges to 10.36 percent in April - May 18, 2012
Tags: asset investment, bureau of statistics, chemical materials, consumer price index, economic indicators, first nine months, heavy industry, index cpi, industrial sectors, industry sector, joint stock, labour costs, national bureau of statistics, nbs, output measures, percentage points, retail sales figures, s industrial, transportation equipment, xinhua