China’s advertising revenues exceed $47 bnFebruary 28th, 2012 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 28 (IANS) China’s advertising market developed steadily and revenues exceeded 300 billion yuan ($47.62 billion) last year, an official said Tuesday.
The country’s advertising industry started to take off in 1978, when China adopted its reform and opening-up policy, Zhou Bohua, an official, said at a meeting.
In 1979, the dozens of advertising companies in China had a total income of just 10 million yuan, reported Xinhua.
Thirty years later, the country’s ad revenues hit 204.1 billion yuan, with 1.33 million employees working for 200,000 advertising enterprises.
Advertising has played a significant role in marketing and brand-building. As a main source of revenue for media corporations including newspapers, magazines and websites, it has also helped to boost the media’s development, Zhou said.
However, he also noted that the country’s ad sector still lagged behind that of developed countries.
Zhou said the country will continue to foster competitive advertising companies, boost the sector’s development in central and western regions, and crack down on deceptive advertising to improve the market.
- China's IT industry sees revenue growth - Apr 09, 2012
- China plans to export more to developing nations - Dec 07, 2011
- China's Internet advertising rakes in $2 bn in Q3 - Nov 04, 2011
- Chinese firm terminates six overseas projects - Aug 22, 2011
- China's national TV draws $2 bn ad auction bids - Nov 09, 2011
- China unveils list of top 500 companies - Sep 04, 2011
- China's Baidu posts $326 million profit in Q4 - Feb 18, 2012
- China's private sector provides 90 percent of jobs in 2010 - Jun 12, 2010
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- China Mobile profits go up - Mar 16, 2012
- China's 2011 fiscal revenue hits $1.64 trillion - Jan 20, 2012
- China's Q1 retail sales up - Apr 13, 2012
- Profits of China's major companies slide (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Forbes names Baidu founder Robin Li Chinese mainland's richest - Apr 29, 2011
- China to invest over $500 bn in tourism sector - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, 10 million, advertising companies, advertising revenues, beijing, china, competitive advertising, deceptive advertising, developed countries, dozens, magazines, main source, marketing, media corporations, newspapers, thirty years, western regions, xinhua, yuan, zhou