China’s 2011 grain output reaches 571 mn tonnesDecember 2nd, 2011 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 2 (IANS) China saw a bumper harvest of grain this year, with its output rising to a record high of 571 million tonnes, a year-on-year increase of 4.5 percent, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Friday.
The strong harvest marked eight consecutive years of growth for China’s grain output, the NBS said in a statement posted on its website.
Yields of summer grain, early rice and autumn grain totaled 126.27 million tonnes, 32.76 million tonnes and 412.18 million tonnes this year, up 2.5 percent, 4.5 percent and 5.1 percent year-on-year, respectively, said Xinhua.
The output of the country’s three major crops — rice, wheat and corn — hit 510.45 million tonnes this year, the statement said, adding that a sharp increase in corn output showed further improvement in the country’s grain production structure.
The country’s 13 major grain-producing regions, including the provinces of Hebei, Liaoning, Heilongjiang, Jiangsu and Anhui, saw their output rise 5.4 percent from one year earlier to 434.22 million tonnes in 2011, the statement said.
The country reaped 546.48 million tonnes of grain last year.
- China raises rice purchase prices - Feb 02, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- China to spend $158 bn in agriculture, rural development - Dec 29, 2011
- Brazil expecting record grain harvest - Aug 10, 2012
- Bangladesh foodgrain imports fall - Jun 24, 2012
- China's 2011 GDP growth revised upward - Sep 05, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Brazil expecting near-record harvest - Mar 10, 2010
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- China's industrial production slows in October - Nov 09, 2011
- Chinese railway passenger traffic grows - Dec 05, 2011
- China's inflation accelerates (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- China's Producer Price Index goes down - Aug 09, 2012
- India to produce 232 mn tonne foodgrains - Feb 09, 2011
- China's steel output up in first three quarters - Oct 22, 2011