China woos Indian touristsAugust 29th, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) The tourism departments of Macau, Hong Kong and Guangdong province in China have come together to woo Indian travellers — and have vowed to provide vegetarian and Jain food as well.
“India is a huge market for us. Lots of tourists go to Hong Kong and Macau from here. Now they can also go to Guangdong. Every destination has its own strength. We are complimenting each other,” Mei Qijie, deputy chairman, Tourism Administration of Guangdong province (GDPTA), said here Wednesday.
The promotional activities were organised by the Macau Government Tourist Office, the Hong Kong Tourism Board and GDPTA in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai Aug 27-29.
Officials made known the tourist attractions in the three places.
The three destinations have also joined hands with Tourism Administration of Guangzhou municipality, Zhongshan Municipal Tourism Bureau and Shenzhen Municipal Bureau of Culture, Sports and Tourism to co-organise promotional activities in all three cities.
Patrick Kwok, general manager, business development, Hong Kong Tourism Board, said all the three destinations would offer a wide range of hotels ranging from budget to luxury.
He said the three regions would provide for vegetarian food including Jain food.
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- Cancer-causing chemical found in peanuts, cooking oil - Dec 31, 2011
- China braces for typhoon Kai-Tak - Aug 17, 2012
- Where's bachelor party? On foreign shores, say desi boys (Feature) - Apr 25, 2012
- China to regulate bad behaviour, says no to spitting - Aug 17, 2012
- Sand China gets bigger with Sands Cotai Central - Apr 12, 2012
- Indian travellers to boost aviation, hospitality industry - May 13, 2011
- Officials get consular access to detained Indians in China - Jan 13, 2010
- China's Vegas: Macau becoming major tourist hub (Lead, IANS Travel) (With Images) - Apr 22, 2011
- China's Vegas: Macau evolving into major tourist hub (With Images) (IANS Travel) - Apr 22, 2011
- 'Forced Shopping' In Hong Kong Makes China Issue Travel advisory - Jul 20, 2010
- Chinese work 16 hours a day to make Olympic toys - Jul 25, 2012
- Video Footage Of "Forced Shopping" In Hong Kong Angers China - Jul 20, 2010
- Detained Indians in China are fine, getting veg food (Lead) - Jan 13, 2010
- Kerala Tourism to hold first-ever road show in Saudi Arabia - May 04, 2012
Tags: culture sports, deputy chairman, government tourist office, guangdong province, hong kong tourism, hong kong tourism board, huge market, indian tourists, indian travellers, jain food, macau government tourist office, manager business development, promotional activities, province in china, shenzhen, three cities, tourism administration, tourism bureau, tourism departments, vegetarian food