China to train key professionals abroadJanuary 28th, 2012 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 28 (IANS) To upgrade its human resources in key sectors, China is preparing to send a considerable number of professionals for overseas training at government expense by 2015.
A statement, issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA), mentioned the newly approved five-year training plan while highlighting the special programme which would cover 41,000 teachers, technicians and management staff in various institutions, Xinhua reported.
Among those selected, 200 university heads, 1,000 agricultural technicians and experts, and 1,000 mid-level or senior social management staff will be sent abroad each year, it said.
It also reserves quotas for government officials and senior management personnel within enterprises.
During the 2005-2010 plan, as many as 257,000 people had received such a training.
Earlier this week, the SAFEA had revealed a separate programme which aims to attract foreign talents to work for China’s key industries.
Under previous SAFEA programmes, each of the selected overseas professionals will be offered a subsidy of one million yuan (over $158,000) to cover their living expenses.
- China prepares its high-level talent pool - Nov 04, 2011
- Mumbai NGO to train other NGOs under Fulbright alumni programme - Jul 03, 2012
- Mumbai NGO picked for Fulbright alumni programme (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- China makes police protect sheep from wolves - Jan 06, 2012
- Obama names two more Indian-Americans to key posts - Mar 30, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management institute - May 02, 2011
- KPMG to offer training in tax laws at NIIT centres - Jan 05, 2012
- IIM-Shillong will teach about China's growth story - Jan 31, 2012
- UTV to produce superhero project in Tamil - Jun 30, 2011
- China to train 35,000 medical staff for disaster situations - Nov 18, 2011
- US unemployment rate edges down to 8.3 percent - Feb 04, 2012
- Indian innovation in education gets noticed in Qatar - Nov 02, 2011
- IGNOU launches course in food science and technology - Jun 30, 2011
- With India's profile growing, foreign service strength will double: S M Krishna (Interview) - Jun 10, 2012
- Golf fast catching up with cricket in popularity (With image) - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,