China to double bullet trains production this yearJanuary 29th, 2010 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 28 (IANS) In order to meet the increasing demand of bullet trains for enhancing China’s high-speed rail transport system, the country’s passenger train manufacturing firm Thursday said it will double its production capacity in 2010.
The company would double its monthly production capacity in the first half of 2010 to eight bullet trains each with eight compartments, said Wang Chenghui, deputy general manager of Tangshan Railway Vehicle.
The Chinese government has launched a major upgrading of the nation’s railways. The railway ministry announced in September last year it would build 42 high-speed passenger rail lines with a total length of 13,000 km in the next three years.
Wang said the company was developing new trains with average speed of 380 km per hour, so as to “reinforce its leading role in the world’s high-speed train market”, Xinhua reported.
Currently, the company has been producing passenger trains with capacity of running at an average speed of 350 km per hour which are running on the existing fast-rail lines in the country.
- Chinese firm exports high-speed train parts to Europe - Aug 10, 2012
- China working to run trains at over 500 km/hour - Oct 19, 2010
- Chinese wary of high-speed railway - Jul 26, 2011
- China to sell bullet train technology - Feb 02, 2011
- China to continue developing high speed trains - Mar 11, 2012
- China's high-speed rail to surpass 10,000 km - Feb 16, 2012
- China to build world's fastest 510-km-long intercity high-speed rail line - Nov 02, 2010
- Bullet train rides in China pinch travellers - Jan 13, 2011
- China's 380 km/h rail link to open in June - Jan 05, 2011
- 'China's expensive high-speed rail network to increase pressure on road transportation' - Jan 12, 2011
- China, Myanmar plan high-speed rail link - Nov 22, 2010
- 54 high-speed trains recalled in China - Aug 12, 2011
- Spanish group wins Saudi rail contract - Oct 27, 2011
- China's bullet train trip begins - Jun 30, 2011
- Travel in high-speed double-decker from Bangalore to Chennai - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: average speed, beijing, bullet trains, china, chinese government, high speed rail, high speed train, jan 28, manufacturing firm, passenger train, passenger trains, rail transport, railway vehicle, railways, speed passenger, train market, trains production, transport system, xinhua