China to build advanced industrial hubNovember 11th, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 11 (IANS) China will build an advanced industrial hub in coastal cities near Beijing.
The economic development plan covers the coastal cities of Qinghuangdao, Tangshan, and Cangzhou in north China’s Hebei province, Xinhua reported.
According to the National Development and Reform Commission, the region’s industrial infrastructure, advanced traffic and rich cultural legacy give it great potential to boost the development of Hebei’s coastal economy.
The plan will stress on the importance of environmental and ecological protection and the efficient use of resources.
The strategic position of the base will allow it to become a new engine for growth in the regions surrounding the Bohai Sea and serve as an expansion of industries in the nearby cities of Beijing and Tianjin, the statement said.
The State Council, or China’s cabinet, has approved a plan on this.
- China allocates $189 mn for flood relief - Jul 27, 2012
- China allots $19 mn to fight floods - Jul 23, 2012
- China builds museum on industry before 1940s - Jan 12, 2011
- China to open up its low-altitude airspace - Aug 24, 2012
- Beijing water shortage: residents to get desalinised seawater - Mar 02, 2012
- North China expressway accident kills 35 - Oct 08, 2011
- Chinese firm exports high-speed train parts to Europe - Aug 10, 2012
- 50 dead in China rains (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Ahluwalia to lead India-China strategic economic dialogue - Sep 23, 2011
- China to compensate for sea pollution - Mar 05, 2012
- China to host petroleum meet - Jul 18, 2012
- Chinese shipping aims for global leadership - Mar 13, 2012
- Eight dead as 30 vehicles collide in China - Oct 23, 2011
- China unveils first ultra-light civilian helicopter - Sep 15, 2011
- Big Chinese chopper passes cold weather flight test - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: beijing, bohai sea, cangzhou, coastal cities, coastal economy, ecological protection, economic development plan, efficient use, great potential, hebei province, industrial hub, industrial infrastructure, legacy, nearby cities, north china, s industrial, tangshan, traffic, xinhua