China Railways carry 453 mn passengers Jan-MarchApril 8th, 2012 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 8 (IANS) National operator China Railways transported 453.25 million passengers during the first quarter of the year, up 0.7 percent from a year earlier, official data showed Sunday.
The railways delivered 998.61 million metric tonnes of goods during the January-March period, up 3.2 percent year-on-year, according to a posting on the railways ministry’s website.
To meet the demand of industrial production and the people’s basic needs, the ministry has prioritized the delivery of major essential goods, Xinhua reported citing the report.
The country’s railways transported 594.07 million tonnes of coal, 34.62 million tonnes of oil, 27.1 million tonnes of grain and 27.58 million tonnes of fertilizers and pesticides in the first three months.
- China's railways carry 453 mn people in Q1 - Apr 09, 2012
- Chinese railway passenger traffic grows - Dec 05, 2011
- China's railways carried over 1 bn passengers - Aug 08, 2011
- China's trains carried 910 mn passengers this year - Jul 11, 2011
- China's 2011 grain output reaches 571 mn tonnes - Dec 02, 2011
- Russia may increase oil output in 2012 - Jan 22, 2012
- Brazilian agribusiness faces shrinking global demand - Aug 08, 2012
- 365 mn expected to ride Chinese trains this summer - Jun 20, 2011
- Qinghai-Tibet railway carries 6.5 mn people in 2011 - Jan 03, 2012
- China railways carry 600 mn passengers - May 06, 2012
- SBI gets government nod for rights issue - Jun 08, 2011
- Chemical use a threat to China's grain output: Experts - Jul 18, 2011
- Centre to offload 6 months PDS grains - May 24, 2012
- Russia exports 18 mn tonnes of grain - Dec 30, 2011
- Infosys annual guidance up again on double digit growth (Lead, Reissuing correcting figure in para one) - Jan 13, 2011