China non-manufacturing sector’s growth picks upJuly 3rd, 2012 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 3 (IANS) China’s non-manufacturing sector grew at a faster rate in June as the world’s second-largest economy showed signs of stabilizing.
The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) of China’s non-manufacturing sector, a key economic indicator, rose 1.5 percentage points to 56.7 percent in June, according to data released by the China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing (CFLP) Tuesday, reported Xinhua.
The figure rebounded after falling for two consecutive months as non-manufacturing sector growth accelerated, the CFLP said.
A PMI reading above 50 percent indicates expansion from the previous month, while readings below this mark indicate a contraction.
“The figure shows the non-manufacturing economy has maintained steady and strong growth,” said CFLP vice chairman Cai Jin.
The figure followed Sunday’s release of the PMI for China’s manufacturing sector, which grew at its slowest pace in seven months to 50.2 percent in June.
Analysts said the extent of the slowdown in June this year was minimal compared with past years, which suggests that the economy is building up a foundation for stabilized growth.
In June, the sub-index for new export orders of the non-manufacturing sector stayed flat at 50.5 percent, the CFLP data showed.
The sub-index for intermediate input prices lost 1.5 percentage points to 52.1 percent while that for charges rose 0.1 percentage points to 48.6 percent, standing below 50 percent for the second month in a row.
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth goes up (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- China non-manufacturing sector's growth slows - Aug 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector slows in April (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Growth up in China's non-manufacturing sector - Sep 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth slows in August - Sep 03, 2011
- China's non-manufacturing sector rebounds (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector rebounds - Apr 03, 2012
- China's Purchasing Managers Index rises in February (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- China's manufacturing activity slows to nine-month low (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- China manufacturing expands in April (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- China's Purchasing Managers' Index falls in November - Dec 01, 2011
- China's Purchasing Managers Index rises in January (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- China's non-manufacturing sector growth slows - Nov 03, 2011
- China's manufacturing activity slows - Sep 01, 2012
- China's manufacturing expands in April - May 01, 2012
Tags: beijing, china, contraction, economic indicator, economy, export orders, extent, input prices, logistics, manufacturing sector, percentage points, pmi, purchasing managers index, sector growth, seven months, signs, slowdown, slowest pace, vice chairman, xinhua