China, Latin America to build investment platformMarch 22nd, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 22 (IANS) An investment platform that will mobilize $1 billion is expected to be operational this year, People’s Daily reported Thursday.
The announcement was made by its founder, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Export-Import Bank of China (China Eximbank).
The investment platform will carry out equity investment in Latin America and Caribbean and promote sustainable development of economy.
The announcement was made at the 53rd annual meeting of the IDB in Montevideo, capital city of Uruguay.
- Massive opportunities seen in India-Latin America ties - Jul 28, 2010
- `South Korean exports to grow' - Apr 10, 2012
- Latin America beckons, India's trade may reach $50 bn by 2014 - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Latin America, Caribbean and India should build closer ties' - Jul 18, 2012
- India, Argentina to cooperate in agriculture - Aug 02, 2010
- 'Global economic slowdown delays South Korean recovery' - Sep 03, 2012
- Scindia heads Indian business team to Uruguay, Argentina - Apr 27, 2011
- Remittances to Latin America rebound - May 08, 2012
- China's trade with Latin America grew in 2011 - Apr 18, 2012
- Pakistan wants China to help build dams - Apr 03, 2012
- India to hold first dialogue Latin American troika - Aug 02, 2012
- China, South American trading bloc eye $200 bn trade - Jun 30, 2012
- Uruguay vice president arrives on 7-day visit, to ink economic deals - Feb 17, 2011
- India, Latin America to scale up bilateral ties - Aug 08, 2012
- Unbalanced recovery better than balanced recession: China - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, 53rd, annual meeting, bank of china, beijing, caribbean, china china, economy, equity investment, export import bank, export import bank of china, idb, inter american development bank, investment platform, latin america, montevideo, sustainable development, uruguay