China improves flight punctualityDecember 27th, 2011 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 27 (IANS) Flight punctuality has been improving in China this year from a year ago despite the rapid increase of flights, a senior official said.
From January to November, the punctuality rate was 76.5 percent on average, up 1.9 percentage points compared to the same period last year, said Li Jun, deputy director of the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).
Li said that airlines, airports and air traffic control authorities have strengthened cooperation in efforts to reduce delays.
With these efforts, the punctuality rates of the Beijing-Shanghai and Beijing-Guangzhou routes have increased 30 and 11 percentage points, respectively, Li said at a national aviation work conference in Beijing Monday.
Li said that in 2012, the CAAC will further take efforts to reduce flight delays and raise the punctuality rate by another two percentage points.
- Beijing prepares to build its second airport - Jan 12, 2011
- Bullet train rides in China pinch travellers - Jan 13, 2011
- American held in China for carrying banned material - Sep 10, 2012
- China looks for potential pilots on college campuses - Nov 29, 2011
- China's soaring private jet market - Mar 27, 2012
- SriLankan to fly daily to Beijing, Shanghai - Jul 08, 2012
- China bars airlines from paying EU carbon emission charge - Feb 06, 2012
- China to add 14,000 flights for festival rush - Jan 09, 2012
- No plane crash for nearly six years in China - Aug 25, 2010
- China reviews foreign pilots - Sep 29, 2011
- China's passenger aircraft to triple by 2030 - Sep 08, 2011
- China to open up its low-altitude airspace - Aug 24, 2012
- Finnair traffic grows 3 percent in February - Mar 13, 2011
- Chinese official held for sodomising minors - Aug 07, 2012
- Growth slows in Shanghai - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: air traffic control, airlines, airports, aviation work, beijing, caac, china, civil aviation administration, control authorities, cooperation, deputy director, flight delays, flights, guangzhou, li jun, national aviation, percentage points, punctuality, rapid increase, shanghai