China has over 18 mn 3G usersApril 23rd, 2010 - 5:10 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 23 (IANS) The number of 3G mobile telecommunication users in China has reached 18.08 million in March, Xinhua reported Thursday.
China Mobile took the biggest 3G market share at 42.5 percent, followed by China Telecom at 30.8 percent and China Unicom at 26.7 percent, said Zhu Jun, deputy director of the telecom development department of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
The three telecommunication operators invested six billion yuan ($878.9 million) in 3G network construction in the first three months, out of the total 95 billion yuan planned for the year, said Xin Guobin, director of the ministry’s Performance Inspection and Coordination Bureau.
The ministry said earlier this month that China expects 150 million 3G mobile telecommunication users by 2011 when investment in 3G development would hit 400 billion yuan.
The Internet industry in China had been expanding and boosting social and economic development, Zhu told a press conference. China had 191 million subscribers to the country’s social networking sites in March.
By the end of 2009, China had 3.23 million domestic websites, he added.
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- Number of Chinese 3G users surpasses 50m - Feb 26, 2011
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China has over 73 million 3G users - Jun 28, 2011
- China's 3G users hit 25.2 million by end of June: MIIT - Jul 20, 2010
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- Mobile phones' sale in China grew by 57 percent in 2010 - Jan 23, 2011
- China Mobile profits go up - Mar 16, 2012
- Data, not voice, will now drive telecom growth: Report - Dec 13, 2011
- China's 3G phone users exceed 100 mn - Oct 26, 2011
- China to have 'faster, cheaper' internet by 2015 - Dec 28, 2011
- China's mobile phone users exceed 940 mn - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: 3g market, beijing, china mobile, china telecom, china unicom, coordination bureau, deputy director, first three months, internet industry, market share, million subscribers, mobile telecommunication, network construction, six billion, social networking sites, telecom development, telecommunication operators, telecommunication users, xinhua, yuan