China has over 1 mn multi-millionairesJuly 31st, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 31 (IANS) In a first, the number of multi-millionaires in China has surpassed the one million mark, according to the latest edition of a Chinese magazine known for reporting about the country’s wealthiest individuals.
According to the Hurun Report, a magazine best known for its China Rich List, a ranking of China’s wealthiest individuals, the number of multi-millionaires in China reached 1.02 million by 2011 end, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
Chinese individuals with over 10 million yuan (about $1.6 million) broke through the one million mark for the first time. There are 63,500 billionaires among these individuals, it said.
According to the report, 84 percent of the wealthy individuals are concentrated in the eastern, northern and southern regions of China with the capital city of Beijing being home to the greatest number of wealthy people, with 179,000 multi-millionaires.
It says that rising property prices and a fast-growing GDP were a key driver for growth in the number of Chinese multi-millionaires in 2011.
The report did not include Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau for its statistics.
- Rich get richer in China - Mar 28, 2012
- 60,000 Chinese hold assets worth 100 mn yuan - Jul 20, 2012
- China's wealthy get wealthier - Sep 23, 2011
- China's Zhang Yin is world's richest woman - Oct 13, 2010
- 11 of the world's top 20 wealthiest self-made women are Chinese - Oct 13, 2010
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011
- Nearly half of China's millionaires consider emigration - Nov 01, 2011
- 83 people on Hurun rich list have $1.5 trillion - Mar 06, 2012
- China has 189 billionaires - Oct 12, 2010
- Beverage giant chief becomes China's richest man - Sep 30, 2010
- China billionaire rich list grows to 49 more - Oct 29, 2010
- China, the driving force for luxury cars - Apr 21, 2011
- China's rich building wealth in property - Dec 24, 2011
- Beijing has largest number of rich people in China: Hurun Report - Aug 24, 2009
Tags: 10 million, 6 million, beijing, billionaires, chinese individuals, chinese magazine, gdp, hong kong taiwan, hurun report, macau, millionaires, one million, regions of china, rich list, southern regions, statistics, wealthy individuals, xinhua, yuan